March for Science
The March for Science will take place on Earth Day, April 22, 2017 in Washington, DC.
The Maryland NanoCenter will facilitate UMD participation in the march.
Please click here more information
Our class 1000 clean room is open to all faculty, students, researchers,
government labs and companies.
The FabLab staff have combined over 100 years of fabrication experience using
standard techniques for deposition, lithography and metrology.
Learn more about the FabLab
The AIMLab gives researchers the capability to visualize and characterize
their research by utilizing the lastest in SEM and TEM technology. Our staff
can train you to use our equipment or handle the job for you.
Learn more about using the AIMLab
UMERC’s Liangbing Hu pitches transparent wood technology at 2017 ARPA-E Innovation Summit
A nerve modeled on a battery
A peek under a hybrid’s hood reveals wood?
April 5, 2017 11:00 a.m.
Job Search 101 (F-1): Intro to Careers4Engineers + Internships/ Co-ops for International Students More»
April 7, 2017 1:00 p.m.
MSE Seminar Series: Robert Shull, NIST More»
April 7, 2017 3:30 p.m.
Booz Allen Hamilton Colloquium: Dr. Andreas C. Cangellaris, Professor, University of Illinois More»
1. High saturation intensity in InAs/GaAs quantum dot solar cells and impact on the realization of the intermediate band concept at room-temperature
Tian Li, Mario Dagenais
Applied Physics Letters, 2017-02, 110 (6), pp.061107
2. Oxygen vacancy-induced magnetic moment in edge-sharing CuO2 chains of Li2CuO2−δ
G J Shu, J C Tian, C K Lin, M Hayashi, S C Liou, W T Chen, Deniz P Wong, H L Liou, F C Chou
New Journal of Physics, 2017-02, 19 (2), pp.023026
3. Compressive pre-stress effects on magnetostrictive behaviors of highly textured Galfenol and Alfenol thin sheets
Julia R. Downing, Suok-Min Na, Alison B. Flatau
AIP Advances, 2017-01, 7 (5), pp.056420
4. Spinel LiNi0.5 Mn1.5 O4 Cathode for High-Energy Aqueous Lithium-Ion Batteries
Fei Wang, Liumin Suo, Yujia Liang, Chongyin Yang, Fudong Han, Tao Gao, Wei Sun, Chunsheng Wang
Advanced Energy Materials, 2017-01, (), pp.1600922
5. Low Temperature Carbonization of Cellulose Nanocrystals for High Performance Carbon Anode of Sodium-Ion Batteries
Hongli Zhu, Fei Shen, Wei Luo, Shuze Zhb, Minhua Zhao, Bharath Natarajan, Jiaqi Dai, Lihui Zhou, Xiulei Ji, Reza S. Yassar, Teng Li, Liangbing Hu
Nano Energy, 2017-01, in press (), pp.
View Our Full Publication List
The Maryland NanoCenter is the hub of a network of interdisciplinary researchers,
faculty, labs, and organizations with the goal of advancing the knowledge and understanding of
all things nano.
Download a PDF copy of our Information Sheets for: