Design and build a prototype of an electric bicycle that will have a range of 125 miles.
- Must travel at an average speed of 20 mph
- Must be under 30 kgs
- Can be rider assisted
- Minimum payload 75 kgs
- Open to any University of Maryland engineering student team (at least two members must be A. James Clark School Students)
- Can include technical advisor and members not affiliated with the University of Maryland
- Must have a UMD faculty or staff advisor
- Eligible team* will be provided up to $2500 in materials cost including shipping
- Team can raise additional funding from outside sponsors
*Eligibility: Based upon successful preliminary design presentation (Fall 2018).
The Competition: Fall 2019
125-mile endurance race around the UMD oval track.
1st Place: $10,000
2nd Place: $7,500
3rd Place: $5,000
Register your team here!
Questions? Email Professor Mel Gomez at email@example.com
August 21, 2018